Monday 26 September 2011

Chit, chat, natter, natter...

Today was a day of chatting! Much of it illuminating, like the fact that we will have new neighbours at fig from the beginning of October. In the shop vacated recently my Charlie Boots, will be a pop up shop selling lovely crafts, by Button Karen and Quilt Mim. You may have realised that I don't know their surnames, so for now I shall call them Button and Quilt. Or Karen and Mim to their faces. Both do gorgeous work, so we are very excited, and Button had on an AMAZING silver ring made by someone who will join them in the shop, for now known as Silver Lynne. Though I don't feel sure her name was actually Lynne....


Meanwhile I got a smidgen of work done, but also took on a rather exciting commission. An acquaintance
from the school playground back in the day when my son was at nursery, has commissioned 5 pieces of jewellery for her editors who worked with her on her latest book, the jacket of which you can see on the left. She's asked me to come up with something inspired by the jacket, and I love the curlyquews (sp?) all around the cover, but particularly under the VIII. So far (in the time between nattering) I've come up with this...


I think I may use the curly bits bottom right (they are on their side in the image), cut out of sheet silver, and have chain coming from either side as a necklace. Got to remember that I need to make 5 of them! Remeber the budget Lumley!

2 comments:

Lin said...

What a great commission and how lovely to have a new craft shop nearby.
Linda

Lorna May said...

wow what an exciting commission. Can't wait to see finished result.

{Dab and a dash.}